Friday, February 10, 2017

The Names of God: Jehovah-Tiskenu


Jehovah-Tiskenu: The LORD Our Righteousness

Jeremiah 23:6 KJV
In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

After 18 months of silence on this blog I finally feel at liberty to write again. The last 18 months have been a mixture of both wonder and wretchedness. We have felt as though we were in a trial by fire and at times we were unsure of whether we would perish or persevere. 

I have questioned God many, many times in course of the last year and a half. There were times when I could not for the life of me understand why we were dealing with the issues that we were. And others times I was immensely grateful and thankful that He had chosen to put us exactly where we were at that time. 

However, regardless of our circumstances over the last year or the circumstances that we face in the future, one thing above all has been made clear, Jehovah-Tiskenu will stand above all. He is The LORD Our Righteousness and even when everything else in our lives seems steeped in sin and despair, He is always there, guiding, shining a light in the darkness. He is the Righteousness that will always prevail. 

I feel as though I am once more dwelling safely in Jehovah-Tiskenu and I am overwhelmed with joy and excitement to be writing for His Glory and His Honor once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment