Sunday, March 30, 2014

Don't Worry



Don't worry. God is never blind to your tears, never deaf to your prayers, and never silent to your pain. He sees, He hears and He will deliver.
Psalms 18:1-3, 6 KJV
1 I will love thee, O Lord, my strength.
2 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
3 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

If there is one thing that I could pinpoint that threatens my faith in The Lord, it would be worry and anxiety.  I am guilty each and every day of worrying, whether I've got anything to worry about or not.  If I had a million dollars in the bank, was debt free, had a perfect marriage and perfect children, I'd undoubtedly find something to worry about. We can say that to worry is human nature but the truth is to worry is a sinner's nature.  Worry is a surefire way for the devil to break down our faith.  It creeps in when you'd least expect it.  Suddenly your worries are bigger than The Lord, bigger than The God who holds the waters of the earth in the hollow of His hand.  When you step back and think of it like that it seems ridiculous.  How can my worry be bigger than The Creator of the universe?  Well, it can't.  Psalms 55:22 tells us to Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.  We must go to Him in prayer, each and every day, because worry plagues us each and every day.  When you feel that queasy feeling in the pit of your stomach and you know it's your nerves, drop to your knees and pray.  Cast your burdens upon The Lord and He will hear you and He will deliver you.  It may not be the deliverance you thought it'd be, but He will deliver.  

No comments:

Post a Comment