Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Who Are You Lord? : I Am Joy

                                   

Zephaniah 3:17 KJV
The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. 

Isaiah 51:3 KJV
For the Lord shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the Lord; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody. 

Habakkuk 3:18 KJV
Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. 

Psalms 119:68 KJV
Thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statutes. 

What amazing promises these verses hold. The Lord My God is in the midst and He is mighty, He will save and He will rejoice over Me with joy, with love and with singing. The Lord shall comfort Me, He will come to Me in all My waste places, My lowest, dirtiest, most sinful places, and He will make My wilderness like Eden, My desert like His garden where joy and gladness and thanksgiving will be found therein.  I will rejoice in My Lord, I will joy in the God of My salvation. My Lord is good and does good and He will teach Me His statues if I open My heart and mind to Him.

There have been so many times in my life when I have felt like my joy was gone and I was left with sadness or anger or grief or jealousy or anxiety or confusion. I battle with some, maybe all, of these emotions on what seems like a daily basis at times.  I let the flesh take hold of me and I don't turn to the one place guaranteed to give me back my joy, His Word.  He gave it to us for a reason. It is a love letter written by the groom to His bride and it is meant to be cherished and kept sacred in our hearts.  

Life and it's ins and outs present us with opportunities each day. Opportunities to turn to Him and see His goodness and let His joy fill our hearts or opportunities to let our flesh and our wayward emotions take hold and rob us of our joy in Him. So often in the past I have done the latter and have found myself in misery, so anxiety ridden that I am physically ill...the cure? Jesus.  It is that simple to find your joy again and that simple to keep it. Turn to Jesus, walk with Jesus, talk with Jesus, live in His light and you'll have His joy. Charles Spurgeon said this, "His Church can never sink to so low an ebb that He cannot soon build her up again, nor in our own hearts can the work of grace ever decline' so grievously that the same mighty power which once quickened cannot revive and restore us."  We can never be so low or so sorrowful that His joy cannot revive us and restore us again. And wherever we find ourselves we have the promise that He is there to save us and comfort us, to bring us joy once again. 

In The Garden

I come to the garden alone,
While the dew is still on the roses,
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

He speaks, and the sound of His voice
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

I’d stay in the garden with Him,
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.







No comments:

Post a Comment