Saturday, October 11, 2014

The Beatitudes: Blessed Are Those Which Do Hunger and Thirst


Matthew 5:6 KJV
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

This morning I woke up as normal. Bright and early to two beautiful blond, blue-eyed boys. We went about our morning routine: potty, breakfast, Annabelle's breakfast (the 6 month old eats-me-out-of-house-and-home German Rottweiler puppy that my boys adore even if she does dwarf them in size and weight), cartoon time and my time to catch up on all that happened in the 6 hours of sleep I was able to get. Nothing unusual this morning. I scrolled through Facebook, mentally noting the prayer requests I came across, silently asking God to do His will in the situations. Then my phone vibrated with a text message. Another prayer request for a local family who lost their 17 year old son in a fatal car accident this morning. I knew the family, though not well, but knew many people who were very close to the family and their son. My heart began to break for his family and loved ones. A tragedy such as this is unimaginable. I prayed for the Lord to comfort his family as only He can. 

I thought about them throughout the day and tonight as I prayed with my boys and tucked them into bed, I thought about the boy.

I thought about him and his Momma and how I would feel if I were in her place. And the thought came to me as I kissed my boys goodnight, that we never know what the morning holds, much less the next minute. And if I were in this Momma's place, the one thing I would want to know for certain is that my boys had accepted Christ as their Savior. I would want to know that I had done everything in my power to show them Christ's love, to walk in His righteous path, to live in the Spirit and to direct them to Him. I would want to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they loved the Lord Jesus with all their heart and believed that He was crucified on Calvary for their sins. I would want to know that I had so hungered and thirsted after His righteousness that my boys hungered and thirsted too. I would want to know that when He filled me up it overflowed and filled my babies up too. If I had to trade places with that Momma and think for a single second that I had not done every single thing humanly possible to lead my sons to the Lord, if I thought that there was even the slightest chance they did not have the full pardon of salvation, I would not be able to live another day. 

Our number one priority as a parent should be to raise our children to know the love of their Savior. If we never did another thing right but to see our children accept Christ as their Redeemer, then we'd have done the most important thing right.

Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled.

Lord,
I pray tonight that you be with this family who has lost their son, brother, grandson, nephew, cousin, high school sweetheart, and friend. Lord I pray that they seek Your Face for comfort and for guidance. I pray Lord that they have the security in knowing their son was one of Yours, a Child of the King. I pray Lord that his death not be in vain, I pray that in seeking solace in this tragedy that some lost sinner may find You and Your Redeeming Grace. 

Lord I pray tonight and every night that you would take my hand and lead me, guide me, show me Your way. Show me how to be a godly Momma, wife, daughter, and servant. Show me how to raise my boys in Your glory and admonition. Lord I pray that when the time is right, when You prick their hearts and beckon them to come to You, that they not hesitate a single second. I pray Lord to always hunger and thirst after righteousness and to be filled by your presence in Heaven some sweet day with my boys by my side.

In Jesus Sweet Name I Do Pray,
Love You Jesus,
Aman

Child of the King

Once I was clothed in the rags of my sin,
Wretched and poor, lost and lonely within.
But with wondrous compassion, the King of all kings,
In pity and love, took me under His wings.

Oh, yes, oh yes, I'm a child of the King
His royal blood now flows in my veins.
And I who was wretched and poor now can sing
Praise God, praise God, I'm a child of the King.

Now I'm a child with a Heavenly home,
My Holy Father has made me His own.
And I'm cleansed by His blood, and I'm clothed in His love,
And some day I'll sing with the angels above.

Oh, yes, oh yes, I'm a child of the King
His royal blood now flows in my veins.
And I who was wretched and poor now can sing
Praise God, praise God, I'm a child of the King.



No comments:

Post a Comment